Welcome to Crystal Lake, Iowa! A small town in north central Iowa established in 1898 that is today a good, solid community with a population of approximately 300.
The lake in Crystal Lake was recently dredged providing deeper waters in the lake. Before the dredging, the lake was perhaps 6 feet deep at it’s deepest point. The dredged occured over a two year period, and was dredged using a tier effect. It was dredged to 22ft on the deepest tier, then going up to 18 feet, 12 feet, and 8 feet respectively. The initial push for the dredging of Crystal Lake began in 1991, and after several years of fundraising and community efforts, it was completed in 2007.
- Crystal Lake, Iowa was established in 1898.
- The “World’s Largest Bullhead” statue was constructed in 1958 by Carl Frick
- A dance pavilion was built on the lake in the early 1900’s, although it only existed for a short time.
- A tornado went through town in 1951 damaging 75% of homes in town.
- Crystal Lake has had 4 hotels and 3 newspapers in the past.
- Crystal Lake had a Creamery that opened in 1894 and operated for 73 years.
- The dredging of Crystal Lake was completed in 2007.
If you would like your business added to the list below, please contact us.
Water and Sewer Superintendent
905 S Lincoln
Lake Mills, IA 50450
95 Main Ave. S.
Britt, IA 50423
Calvary Lutheran Church
215 E 2nd Street
United Methodist Church
215 S Summit Ave