Crystal Lake Park
1045 320th Street
Managed by the Hancock County Conservation Board, Crystal Lake Park is a 144 acre area that is located just one half mile north of Crystal Lake, Iowa. There are 65 electric and 30 primitive sites available. Electric sites at Crystal Lake Park are $15/night and primitive sites are $10/night. Weather permitting, the campground, water and park facilities at Cystal Lake Park are open from April 15th through October 15th annually. During the campground off-season, all park facilities are closed and the water is turned off. All primitive and electric campsites at Crystal Lake Park are open to the public during the off-season for $10/night. All campsites are available on a first-come-first-served basis. The campground does not have a reservation system.
Crystal Lake Park also offers:
- 264.1 acre natural lake, dredged in 2007
- 3 modern log cabins available for year round rental
- Modern restrooms and showerhouse
- Swimming beach with outdoor shower
- Large open shelterhouse with fireplace
- Nine-hole Frisbee golf course
- Basketball court, volleyball court, & horseshoe pits
- Outdoor Grills and Picnic Areas
- Handicapped Accessible Picnic Areas
- Hiking trail next to lake
- Water tank fill station
- Trailer dump station
- Wildlife area with fish-stocked pond
For more information about Crystal Lake Park, contact the Hancock County Conservation Board at 641-923-2720.
Crystal Lake Park Cabin Information
The Hancock County Conservation Board is proud to offer three log cabins for rental at Crystal Lake Park as a perfect way to enjoy the comforts of home in a real log cabin! The cabins offer a special place to make lasting memories and enjoy the peaceful natural setting of Crystal Lake. Weather permitting, these cabins are available for rent from April 15 to November 15th by reservation. The 144 acre Crystal Lake Park is located one half mile north of Crystal Lake, Iowa. The park stretches along the East shore of the 260 acre Crystal Lake.
The main cabin shell and interior frame was constructed with quality Amish craftsmanship at the Hillside Log Cabin Company in Utica, Minnesota in 2006. Hancock County Conservation Board members and staff completed all of the interior carpentry and finish work in the winter of 2006-2007. The cabins were first opened to the public for reservations in the spring of 2007.
- Each cabin has a 6’X15′ deck facing the lake. Also included outside of each cabin is a picnic table, a campfire ring and parking for 2 vehicles.
- Each cabin also has a mop, broom, dustpan, basic eating and cooking utensils and a garbage can.
- NOTE: Cabins DO NOT have pillows, bedding, blankets, kitchen linens, bath towels, personal hygeine products, firewood, televisions, internet or phones.
The living room features a table with 4 chairs, an easy chair and sofa that both convert into futon beds. The air conditioning unit for the cabin is located in the living room and has a remote control for ease of use.
The door shown in the picture is the entry into the bedroom.
This area is adjacent to the kitchen and faces the lakeside of the cabin.
The kitchen has a sink, stove with range, apartment sized refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. Basic cooking and eating utensils are included in each cabin.
The door into the bathroom is pictured here as well. Each bathroom has a lavatory, toilet and shower stall.
Please remember that linens are not included in the kitchen or bathroom.
Sleeping accomodations include the use of one full-size bed with one twin bunk bed and one full-size futon per cabin.
Each cabin can comfortably sleep 4 people.
Please remember that bed linens, pillows and blankets are not included in any of the cabins.
How to Reserve the Crystal Lake Cabins
- Reservations can be made one year in advance
- Call 641-923-2720 or EMAIL the Hancock County Conservation Board with your contact information and the dates you would like to reserve a cabin.
- If the dates you request are available, HCCB will send you a Cabin Reservation Request Form and Responsibility Agreement. This agreement must be completed and returned by the deadline or your requested dates will be considered available. The rental fee and damage deposit must also accompany your reservation agreement.
- HCCB will mail you a Reservation Confirmation Agreement. Your reservation is not completed until you receive this form!
Rental Fees, Designated Holidays, Damage Deposit, Check In & Check Out Times and Length of Stay Policy and General Policies
Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day (minimum 3 night reservation)
The minimum length of stay required for all weekday and non-holiday weekend rentals is 2 nights.
All rentals will also be charged a state required 5% motel tax.
Sunday through Thursday (non-holidays): $50.00/night
*** If a cabin is rented for three consecutive nights, beginning Sunday or Monday, you will receive a 4th night stay at no additional charge (weekends and holidays excluded)
Friday and Saturday (non-holidays): $70.00/night
Holidays (3 night minimum stay): $80.00/night
Weekly Rental (excluding Holidays): $350.00/week
A $100.00 damage deposit is required for each cabin reservation.
Your damage deposit will be destroyed if:
- You cancel your reservation;
- the cabin is vacated in good, clean condition and equipment and furnishings are not lost or damaged;
- due to circumstances beyond HCCB’s control (i.e. fire, natural disasters, damaged facility)
- After your stay in completed, HCCB Staff will perform a routine inspection on the cabin(s) you rented. If you do not receive a phone call from HCCB within 1 (one) month after your stay, then HCCB will destroy your damage deposit check(s).
Check In & Check Out Times
Check In: 4:00 P.M.
Check Out: 12:00 P.M.
One tent is allowed to be placed on the cabin grounds next to your cabin for an additional fee of $15.00/night. To register a tent at your cabin, please go to the campground registration building located near the park entrance. Please completely fill out a registration envelope and place the envelope and fee in the registration tube.
Length of Stay Policy and General Policies
The maximum length of stay is 14 consecutive nights. Longer stays may be allowed with Board approval. Should you decide to cancel your reservation, your rental fees will not be returned and forfeited. There is absolutely no smoking or pets allowed inside of the Crystal Lake Cabins.
Shelter House Rental
The Hancock County Conservation Board has a shelter house available in Crystal Lake for rent for only $20/day.
For shelter reservations you can call the HCCB at 641-923-2720.
If, for some reason, you need to cancel your shelter reservation after you have paid for the shelter rental, the rental fee will not be returned for any reason.
CLICK HERE to view the cabin and shelter house availability calendar.